Yas Waterpark is a part of a $36 Billion development Project in Abu Dhabi, UAE, that was named the world’s leading tourism project at the World Travel Awards in November 2009. The development includes the Abu Dhabi Formula One Circuit, Ferrari World, Marina, Golf Course, High-end hotels, Polo Club, Apartments, Retail, and other activities.
The waterpark includes over 40 rides and attractions; 4 of which are one-of-a-kind rides that have never been seen before at other aquatic destinations.
WTI assisted in the waterpark planning, and provided full design and engineering services for all aquatic components. Deliverables included: Masterplanning, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Supervision.
- 16 Innovative filters that use 75% less space, 90% less water, 30% less chemicals and 50% less electrical energy.
- 6.5 Kilometers of above ground PVC aquatic pipes.
- 26 Kilometers of underground HDPE aquatic pipes.
- 3900 Cubic meters per hour of water supply for activities.
- 9000 Cubic meters of water disinfection, 24 hrs./day all year round.
- 10500 Square meters of water surface area.
- 10700 Cubic meters per hour of water supply for slides.
- Middle East's Leading Tourist Attraction 2013
- 2013 World’s Top 20 Waterparks – Second Best Waterpark in the World